Saturday 28 August 2010

Chronicles of Darrock - The Assignment

Have you ever had one of those days where your world hangs in the balance and you’re not sure whether anything will be the same again? Yes? Me too.
I have been on an investigative trip into the Roundworld for the UU. The place is... weird. Anyway, the other day, I got pulled out of the Roundworld and to my surprise was sent to see the Archchancellor. He offered me a “rare opportunity” and the “chance of a lifetime”. I was, of course, suspicious, but refusing the Archchancellor might lead to “words”.
My “opportunity” was that the Seamstresses were active in elsewhere in the world (no point in trying to get into the Seamstresses in Ankh, they know all the wizards anyway) and the Archchancellor was very keen that I should discover what they actually did. He had heard rumours that darning socks was not their only service.
Anyway, after some travelling and a cunning disguise (the Archchancellor even changed my hat!) I have managed to infiltrate the guild and am now in a unique position to report on activities back to UU.
As such, I will be writing pieces for the Chronicle with the intention of providing much needed information to the Archchancellor on these activities. With any luck, I can obtain enough to satisfy the Archchancellor and return to UU (and my fellow students) soon.

Signed,

Darrock (Guild of Seamstresses)

No comments: