Saturday 28 August 2010

Chronicles of Darrock - Day 1

I have successfully infiltrated the guild with the able assistance of my wife and children. They suspect nothing! We had a meeting, during which it was suggested that we should supply “love” to the people and that the people would then provide us with recompense... This seems like a very odd arrangement to me. In Ankh, if you provide someone with something and ask for a “voluntary donation” they’ll take what you give ‘em and run for the hills (well, the Shades anyway).
As for this “love” thing, it does not seem to have much to do with darning socks... Some of the others did mention corsetry and offering assistance to those finding this item of clothing difficult. This seems like much firmer territory and I offered to assist, although the offer was turned down for some reason (they obviously do not believe that I am sufficiently high ranking in the guild).
Since then, I have tried to follow the guidance of the guild as allowed, providing hugs to tired denizens when requested and generally spreading the message of love (very reasonably priced apparently) to one and all.
Tomorrow, I hope to find out more about the dubious activities going on and discover the secret of how they have managed to infiltrate the area so completely. I will have to sacrifice myself to the cause in the hopes of getting away from all this quicker.

Signed,

Darrock (Guild of Seamstresses)

No comments: