Thursday 2 September 2010

Day 2

by Darrock, Guild of Seamstresses


The guild still has no idea of the depth of my deceit. It would seem that they are being hired by Sir Joshua for some kind of “display”. Judging from the conversations whispered on the street corners, there is nothing that the Seamstresses will not do for Sir Joshua, though I have no idea quite what they mean by that.

As far as I can tell, the Seamstresses do not have enough work to do. They spend much of their time away from their houses, looking for commissions. Since there are a large number of Seamstresses, I can only assume that the commissions they take are worth considerably more money than I can warrant. The seamstresses seem to follow a similar sleeping pattern to your average UU student, sleeping through to early afternoon and staying up very late, and indeed sometimes into the early hours.

I have been asked to join in with the events around Sir Joshua. No-one seems to be able to tell me what to do. There appears to be some singing and standing around and more than anything it reminds me of a night down the Mended Drum. We will see what happens later.


No comments: