Thursday 2 September 2010

The Day of Rest - Ssrienna's Story Part 4

by Jan Uzzell (Ssrienna)


Sunday

I was woken at 0650 and decided, far too early, so thought I’d snooze. I finally woke at 1041 (sigh) having missed the Church of OM (again!) at 0900 and the Character Borrowing at 1100. What a good start!

I did, however, make the Headology and Psychology lecture, which was fabulous and the Charity Auction (in between going to Sator Square to buy things I could afford!!). There were some AMAZING things being sold and some unbelievable prices being paid … I wonder what it’s like in a rich man’s world (sigh)

Then it was back to my room to get changed, with Lottie’s help again (I really couldn’t have coped this weekend if not for her help and Donal’s assistance in Ops) for the Low King’s Coronation and the Gala Dinner at Lady Margolotta’s palace (Ankh). I managed to find a sofa near to the entrance of the Dysk, where I had great pleasure in photographing the wonderful costumes.

After the Low King’s Coronation (Jenny Delaney as Her Lowness), which I couldn’t see much of unfortunately, we moved through to the Gala Dinner. Lottie and Lisa were my table companions and we were enchanted to find beards and dwarven rolls ready for us! How thoughtful of Her Ladyship to ensure that the guests, who did not have beards, were able to fit in thanks to their completely realistic Boffo beards!


The food was delicious, the wine matching the witty repartee in its sparkle and the speeches were great. I did feel like falling through the floor again when Terry mentioned the Maskerade winner (me!) in his speech!! Talk about your surreal memories of a Con!! I floated out of there back into the Rat Races, which were still going. Listened again to Mr B the Gentleman Rhymer (mind bogglingly good) and then went on to Scone and Jam, before heading room wards again at 0200 (ish). I’m sensing a pattern here!

No comments: