Monday 25 August 2008

Chaos Costuming

The room really was in chaos: piles of assorted fabric strewn across the floor, helpful assistants struck dumb by the chewiest toffee in the world, and a "seamstress" with tales of recent "massages" in various positions.

A delightful interlude from the convention between scheduled events, though part of the convention in as much as the Chaos room is next to Ops, I wandered in on the off chance thatsomeone could help me make a witch's hat. Someone did offer me help, and point me in the right general direction but I was soon left to my own devices amongst the pile of oddments.

I negotiated the last remaining still operating sewing machine (though I almost broke it in my haste, and got glue all over everything whilst laughing at the sudden swarm of "Maskeraders" and theatrical extras in dire need of costumes for various projects, as they quipped and quoted and parodied each other, either in or out of character, it was hard to tell but highly amusing.

The whole experience was a wonderfully theatrical chaotic industrious place full of fabric and fables and glue.

Sarah Ganderton

No comments: