Sunday 24 August 2008

Conjurors, Thespians and Assorted Trades - This is what they think ...

The Worshipful Guild of Conjurors, Thespians and Assorted Trades has
sent forth its crack team of enforcement officials to engage with our
lovely audience and extract tokens of their esteem and appreciation in
the form of quotes they are prepared to stand by. So without further
ado, this is what you have thought, so far, of our guild's efforts[1] to
entertain you:


It's been more fun than a barrel full of mackerel – and it leaves a
better taste in your mouth - Dave "No, The Other One" Hill

Where's the mustard? - Silas "No The Other One" Firefly

South of the river guv'nor, this time o'night, you must be joking! - Taxi

More intoxicating than a week spend drinking scumble. Although the
hangover is nearly as bad. - Amy-Rose "Plum" Offord

Om loves you – would you like a pamphlet? -
Smite-The-Unbeliever-With-Cunning-Arguments

Fanfriggingtastic! - Hilde

Lots of nice people. Great Con, but I do miss more Discworld oriented
programs. - Pernille

!!!!!! - Anette

Who needs sleep anyway? - Uwe

Better than being poked in the eye with a blunt stick, but then many
things are. - Ricarda

A very special occasion. - David

The Turtle moves in mysterious ways here … cosmic. - Philippa

Disc Con 2008 is a truly unique experience, I hope to have it much
repeated. - Lynsey Dalladay

I am lucky I didn't make it to the Con where I would have to been forced
to wear a pink item! - Hauke Kruppa

10 points if you spot a barbarian drinking tea. - Steph

Great fun assassinating everyone and shortening the queues. - Angy

Where's the late nights and booze gone? - Tabby (aged 15)

Too much alcohol + not enough sleep = Lots of fun - Medium Jock

I met a Feegle last con – can't get rid of him. - Tinkerbell1980

Oh my God, I just quacked at Stephen Briggs - Nanny/Jenny D'Arcy

I'm sitting in a witch outfit at 10pm on a Saturday night and a cat just
walked past with a Yeti … - Granny/Irene D'Arcy

We came, we saw, we conventioned. - Sam + Susan Vimes

Lost our Discworld Convention Virginity, a most pleasurable experience -
Susan Vimes

Ooh, I wish I'd had a warning! - Carolyn Bintley

Gosh, the stars are falling upon us! - Rob Owen

Quack - Jaqui Blake

I'll stick with the US proofs. - Lee Whiteside

See you in two years. - Jogibear

Great to be here. I've disc-overed a "Klatch" of new friends. - Toothy

Veni, Vedi, Velcro – I came, I saw, I got stuck… - Carolyn (M.O.P.P.)

Fantastic, Fabulous Fun. - Louise

Morris dancing for ever. - Madam Les Deux Epees

Here we are again, happy as can be  - Billy Stirling

No, I'm not a local. Quack … quack … quack - Raina Stroman

I got the "Not as big as the other sword" sword - PHenry

Have Fun - Henry Rice

Death suits you. - Vexx (from the Assassins Guild)

I took my clothes off in front of Terry Pratchett! Woooooooooo! - Ptraci

I was never as bored doing nothing as during my stint as a dwarf in Live
Thud. - Winterbay, Witches Deputy

My balloon fight with Marco (Deputy of the Alchemists Guild) was fun. I
think I won. - Sabremeister


[1] Some of the comments could be construed to relate to events
organised by other guilds or, even, by the committee. This is of course
no accident, as there was bound to be a member of the Guild of
Conjurors, Thespians and Assorted Trades on hand to lend the support of
our guild, be it material or moral.

No comments: