Friday 22 August 2008

Long day

The flight got in on time but then the traffic made up for it.

For some reason I was diverted off the M42 at junction 4 and then sent into the centre of Birmingham before heading out east to the NEC. It's a good thing I didn't stop or I'd have been returning to Iceland with a pile of fabric from some of the Asian shops I passed.

Then I found that the road I was due to take to the hotel was closed and it took me over half an hour of frustration trying to find the darned place.

But I'm here. It's quite different from an Eastercon. To start with there are far more people in costume than at any con I've ever attended. I'm very glad that I made the effort with costume for tomorrow and Sunday.

The other thing that surprised and delighted me is that there's a games dealer in the dealers' room. I foresee a certain amount of shopping going on over the weekend.

Apart from that I've met up with many friends, officially joined the Seamstresses guild (they tell me I'll score points just for sitting and sewing - ideal!) and discovered that the main bar (not the con bar) does extremely good food. I was quite overfaced by their spaghetti carbonara but it was very tasty.

It has the feel of a very enjoyable con. I'm cretainly looking forward to tomorrow.

Sent með Blackberry frá Vodafone

No comments: