Monday 25 August 2008

Not Quite A Newbie

Well... two years ago, I went to the DWcon because I thought it would
quite possibly be heaven to be around "my sort of people".

Instead, I ended up using the convention as a staging ground for my
first real life meeting with my, at the time, long distance
relationship boyfriend.

So like I tell anyone who asks: "No, this isn't my first time, but
it's ok, I wasn't paying attention last time.".

Now that I am paying attention, however, THIS IS BRILLIANT.

I'm in Birmingham, the town where my ex actually lives. I should be
either depressed or pining or something (we broke up two weeks ago),
but I'm actually so happy it's not even funny.

Discworld people are everything I thought they would be - Odd, easy
going and beyond friendly.

I'm knee-deep in guild work... I went to church in the morning (I'm
Jewish, though)... I got up the nerve to tell Stephen Briggs how much
I admire his Vetinari impression... and in about 4 hours I'm going to
a Klatch with TP.

If I get run over on my way home, you wouldn't hear me complaining...
and not just because I'll be a smudge on the asphalt!

Ginny

(This Chronicle entry was brought to you by the Teachers, Explorers and
Librarians Guild.)

No comments: